The Sport of Kings
The Sport of Kings is a side quest in Kingdom Come: Deliverance.
In the wake of the Neuhof massacre, Sir Divish, the Lord of Talmberg, has stopped buying his horses from the Neuhof stud farm. Zora asks Henry if he would ride one of her horses to Talmberg and put in a word for her with Sir Divish.
Important NPCs and Characters
- Sir Divish
- Talmberg Stablemaster
- Following the Neuhof massacre and the death of Smil (the chief groom), Sir Divish has stopped buying horses from the Neuhof stud farm. Zora approaches Henry to resolve this issue.
- Ride Zora's horse to Merhojed, and speak with Sir Divish. Henry must attempt to convince Sir Divish to buy horses from the Neuhof stud farm again.
- Sir Divish declares a horse race to determine which stud farm has the best horses.
- Win the horse race to convince Sir Divish to buy horses from Zora.
The Sport of Kings Walkthrough
- The race itself is rather straightforward and not particularly difficult. Check the map during the race for directions. It may be faster to traverse between checkpoints off-road, rather than following the roads.
- The first location is by the Church in Uzhitz, on the main road.
- The second location is at the Merhojed mill. However, the mill itself is quite a distance from Merhojed.
- The third location is on the bank of the stream running through the Talmberg Quarry.
- The final location and finish is at the starting point.
Tips & Tricks
- The Racehorse perk is beneficial for the race.
- A high Horsemanship skill can unlock dialogue options with Sir Divish (I had success with level 10+4 horsemanship, but am unsure of the minimum level required).
- The quest reward is alluded to be an excellent saddle, but you are only given groschen instead (1.2).
- When fast travelling on Zora's Horse back to Neuhof, the horse died for no apparent reason. Another NPC horse also died in a similar manner. The only reason I can imagine is that it was scripted so the horses didn't stay in the game world doing nothing after the quest end (1.2)